Saturday, March 20, 2010

Unlimited Golf

I recently retired after working more than 45 years as an executive accountant. During my career I made some sacrifices in order to be able to retire well. I’m a golfer and I wanted to be able to spend my golden years taking as many golf vacations as I wanted. I was able to do that and have already taken a few mini-trips to various golfing resorts.

I’ve had a Scotland golf vacation planned for over a year in which my wife and I will be taking in May. I have looked forward to this trip for years and am finally getting to see so many of my personal dreams come true. I worked hard to be able to enjoy my retirement and I’m happy to say I am going to see that as a reality.

There are so many resorts that offer golf packages which include room, cart rental, and greens fees. Some of the packages will even include complimentary dinners or breakfast. My wife and I have four major vacations planned for this year, including the trip to Scotland and five major vacations planned for the following year. Every three or four months we are taking off for another new adventure.

A few years before I retired I hired a golf travel agent who specializes in golfing locations around the world. She came up with some wonderful trips for us and got us some of the best deals possible. I am very excited about the many trips we have planned for the US and abroad; these will be some of the best memories of our lives.

While I was still working ten of my buddies from the country club I belong to took a lot of weekend golf trips to locations close enough to easily drive to and spend a couple nights. Those were some fun times and I’ve surprised my buddies with a major golf outing for all of us at a resort. It’s just my way of thanking them for all the great times of golf we’ve had.

No comments: